Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Illustration Post #1

What media do you like workin in? List them.
  • Pencil
  • Ink
  • Digital

What media do you hate working in? Why?
  • Paint, I tend to hate it probably because I have less control than with digital (I've spoiled myself with the ease of digital use). Getting one color then having to remember how exactly I got that color was a problem for me before. There was a part I did like about it though.
  • Cut Paper, I don't hate the aesthetic I just hate working in it.

What media would you like to try, but haven't?
  •  Screen printing for it's graphic nature
  •  Woodcut, haven't tried it for illustrative purposes

List three non-Illustration classes that have influenced you and / or your work positively. Explain.
  1. Drawing Composition, Really got me to start looking at composition more analytically and to structure imagery better. 
  2. Design Systems I, Notorius class but it improved my design sensibilities and craft noticeably. 


How has the work of your peers influenced you and your work?

       Seeing everyone's work progress over the past years and the varying range of styles and approaches has really made me want to do the best I can to even just keep up with everybody.

What sort of subject matter do you like to create work about?

       I like to create art about fantastical things either in fantastical settings but a lot of times in seemingly normal surroundings. 

What sort of subject matter do you like to read about?

      Strange things that have actually happened. In stories I read mostly fantasy as well.

What kind of music do you like? Why?

      I try to find as much different kinds of music to listen to. Mostly I listen to variations of Indie Rock when it's down to art making. Lately I've been getting into some pre 1950s Blues though.

     I like those types of music because most of the time they're not too busy to distract my mind but still make me feel better because it's music.

What non-art related interest/hobbies/skills do you have?

     I like video games and everything that goes into making them.  I build computers from time to time, and skateboard (every once in a while). 3D Modeling is something I can do pretty well also (but that's sorta art related).

What is something that you like that nobody else likes?

     Probably the Scissor Sisters.

If you had the run of the world's museums, what three works of original art would you like to own?

Rembrandt's The Mill

    
Jose Emroca Flores The M.K.


Maxfield Parrish - Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary


No comments:

Post a Comment