Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Illustration Post #3

Describe your typical creative process, from getting an assignment to finished piece. 

     I usually go first into thumbnailing mode first off. Not a set number of them but getting my initial ideas on paper first and then when they're out visually trying to mess with them to refine it more. From there I go to the internet and get some relevant reference photography or textures, for textures either something logical to what I'm drawing or something way off for just a textural effect.


After I've decided on a composition/idea, I do a light pencil sketch at or near print size to get the composition solidified. I either then ink the drawing then scan or straight off scan and do digital inks.

All the tones/coloring is digital in Photoshop.

Describe what you think your creative process should be like.

Ideally, I should expound on ideas and get more elaborate/risky with ideas, if they worked they'd pay off well visually in the end. 

Research and describe a professional creator's creative process (this person need not be a visual artist. Dancers, writers, film directors, and so on, may have equally illuminating views on creation).

...

No comments:

Post a Comment